Yes Please Accepted Food Scrap Products
Table Scraps & Plate Scrapings, Fruit & Vegetables Scraps cooked & uncooked, Meat, Fish & Bones, Cheese & Eggs & Egg Shells, Bread and Grains, Cookies, Pasta, Rice, Dough, Candy, Food Soiled Papers, Paper Towels, Paper Bags & Paper Cups, Egg Cartons, Tea bags & Coffee Grinds with or without paper filters, Nuts & Shells.
No Thanks Not Accepted Food Scrap Products
Kitty Litter & Pet Feces, Soiled diapers, Sanitary Hygiene Products, Condoms, Dryer Sheets, Bandages, Gauze, Dental Floss, Rubber Bands, Vacuum contents & Bags, Cigarettes & Butts, Plastic Wrap, Animal Fat or Automotive Grease, All Blue Box Products, Plastic Bottles, Tubs & Plastic Wraps, Plastic Containers & Plastic Cutlery & Plastic Vegetable Netting, Metal Foil, Metal & Metal Cans, Glass Jars, Milk and Juice cartons, Butter Wrappers, Coated & Plastic take out containers, Yard Waste, Cork, Styrofoam, Plastic Bags.
Call the CRD at 250-360-3030 if you have any questions about what is garbage & or recyclable materials.
- Line the bottom of your can with newspaper or cardboard to soak up any sludge that may happen.
- Use only certified Compostable bags
- Use old newspaper to wrap wet food waste.
- Store meat and fish waste in a paper bag in your freezer until collection day – especially in the summer.
- Empty your kitchen container frequently. Periodically rinse with a mild detergent.
- Close green tote lid tightly after use. Store tote in a shady ventilated area.
- Continue to use your backyard compost bin.